Before looking for USDC in your wallet, ask yourself these questions:
- "Did I ever log into the GigaStar Portfolio to connect my wallet and wait at least 24 hours?". If you never connected your wallet, check this article out!
- You need to have connected your wallet at least once so that we can capture the wallet address and be able to make distributions to it!
- "Do I have Polygon as the selected network in my wallet?". USDC distributions are done on the Polygon network, so make sure you wallet has "Polygon" selected as the network, and not "Ethereum", which is the default for a lot of wallets.
If you answered "YES!" to the above, and this is the first time you have acquired USDC on Polygon, you may have to import the tokens manually. You should only have to do this one time.
So how do you do that? Your wallet will have some sort of assets / tokens tab. If you select it, there should also be a a button or link which allows you to import tokens. Click on that, and you will be prompted for 2 or 3 pieces of information:
- Token Contract Address: Set this to: 0x3c499c542cEF5E3811e1192ce70d8cC03d5c3359
- Token Symbol: Set this to "USDC" if asked;
- Token Decimal: Set this to 6 if asked.
Enter the information above and save. You should now see your USDC!
In the example below using MetaMask you can see the "Import tokens" link in the "Assets" tab, and the inputs screen to add a token manually: